Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to my front suspension moving forward 1" including sway bar, my new vortech kit the alternator hits the sway bar. What have other done to make this work, is there a sway bar that has shorter arms (where it turns back parallel with frame) or is adjustable? the bar needs to be shorter however I can't really just cut it off and re-drill mounting holes on the bar. The bar itself needs to go back to stock location or be moved down to which what problems that would create or not?

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the problem you're running into? And what were you trying to say in that last sentence?

You could see about converting to a blade-style anti-roll bar, like what MM offers for the rear (MMRSB-1-9). I don't know if there's anyone that offers a kit for the Fox chassis or if you'd have to piece it together yourself with circle track parts.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no pics as i'm old and somewhat incapable of all the steps needed to post pics, just call me lazy lol. right now my sway bar is located forward about 1 1/2" forward as it needed to clear my coilovers and when I tried to install my vortech bracket (302 based setup) the alternator (3g) would hit the sway bar as it dips down from the frame. So my thought is either move bar back to stock and see if I can either get a different sway bar or shorten the ends up ( I think it's solid so couldn't i just grind a flat spot and cut it back? I would need to see if I drop it however not certain if that would work or not, I would need to see a pic of foxbody with vortech to see how close bar is. Buying a new setup i'm not opposed to either but it would need to be somewhat different or else it wouldn't fit either. Not certain if another year mustang I could fab up , but someone else has had this problem as moving bar forward seems like other would have needed to do this for similar reason and at least one of them should have a vortech. Before my k member and suspension mod the old blower setup I had no issues with bar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts