Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there if this is bad or just me. I helped out a friend by selling him 24lb injectors, since he wanted to spice up his 89 gt hatch. His motor is totally stock except for the injectors, maf calibrated to match, and a b303 cam. Now it looks like he just wants to drive it like this for now. Recently we put on bbk ceramic shorty's on the car and when we finally got it running the headers were red hot. Is this a sign that the inj. were too big? Or isa this normal? PLEASE HELP BEFORE I GET BLAMED FOR HIS LACK OF PATIENCE

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Yep, the injectors are a bit too much. My buddy had the same problem with more aftermarket parts than you're friend currently has. I've found that you can make quite a few modifications & the 19lb injectors will still do a fine job. He would be better off putting the stock 19lb inj. & maf. back in until he upgrades the heads or adds some type of forced induction......

·
Registered
522 Posts
I agree with BobCat.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Why would you add 24# injectors to a stock car? No advantage there at all. Do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator?

SVT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts