Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I have a '98 F150 w/ the 4.2L v6 w/ a bent or broken connecting rod that resulted from a hydrolocked cylinder. I figured that if the motor has to be torn down anyway, maybe I could get some upgrades done at the same time.

I've done some searching around online and found various go fast stuff (intake, heads, bigger pistons, etc) but being a newbie at engine stuff, I'd like to talk to someone about options and pricing, along with work on the block, etc.

If anyone has any experience with any machine or performance shops in the K.C. area that they would recommend, I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

~Ryan

·
Registered
603 Posts
Call Todd at Maschmeier Performance. Tell him Josh from Dahmer Powertrain sent ya. 816-682-6946. They are behind MoPo on 40 if you want to stop in. Smaller shop, but he gets all of our business and all of the serious racers go to him.

·
Formerly known as racerdain
319 Posts
If you don't mind waiting a little while for your stuff(most machine shops in KC are slow as hell) call Vamp Racing at 847-2783. They do quality work and have a retail performance store as well. Talk to Jason Golden or Dave Hight.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts