Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, Is there a way to rebuild the T45 Trans. so it can withstand the HP the Cobra pushes out better? I don't want to replace it with the T56 Transmission because of the work and money I'll be putting into this. Also, how much would it cost? Thanks.

-Code

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have seen several broken t45's but I have yet to see one break any gears, It is usually in the shift forks. a good aftermarket shifter prolongs that. I have made several 150 shot passes at 120mph without a broken t45, just forks (due to my driving style) I have to say even with all the bad mouthing the t45 gets, they have done ok for me

·
Formerly known as 302Quest
2,809 Posts
i'v yet to take mine apart to see whats broken..
i'm betting fried syncro's i'v had it rebuilt once..
i didn't want another $1900 ford install and repair bill
so i bought a T-56 Kit for $2900 fro D&D and ended it
~J

·
Registered
439 Posts
Black99CobraMofo said:
i'v yet to take mine apart to see whats broken..
i'm betting fried syncro's i'v had it rebuilt once..
i didn't want another $1900 ford install and repair bill
so i bought a T-56 Kit for $2900 fro D&D and ended it
~J
$1900 to just REPAIR and install? No point I guess when a new one is $1000.

I can see why you went for the T56 kit. I'm trying to justify the $2900 myself. How much were the install costs for your T56?

Anthony

·
Formerly known as 302Quest
2,809 Posts
OnceBitten: thats the ford dealership price for a rebuild, new clutch, and the removal and install of the new peices..

stricky: no costs except the bolts i replaced when a crappy socket split and started stripping the bolt heads.. if you got one i'd help with the install if you were in MA
~J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts