Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all.

I have been browsing these boards for a while now, and finally decided its time to jump into the fray :)

I have a completely stock 94 GT that is getting a bit tired and I'm going to be pulling the engine to completely rebuild the top and bottom end. I have decided I want to go with the Edelbrock performer RPM package with intake, heads, and cam. This is going to be my first modern 5.0 build up; everything I have done in the past has been 60s carb muscle car tech.

I have searched these forums and read everything I could find relevent to the Edelbrock kit, but didn't find much on the installation. Here's my question to those that have installed the Edelbrock heads/intake: Did you run into any pitfalls that I should look out for? I hear the vacume lines can be a pain in the butt on the Edelbrock intake, how true is this? Mainly just looking for any input on this install in attempts to prepare myself as much as possible. I definitely want to this right the first time :)

Also, I'm going to swap the stock gears in the rear end. What have people found to be a good balance of town/freeway driving? This is going to be a strictly daily driven street machine, I doubt it will ever see a track.

I greatly appreciate any input/tips/opinions/suggestions. Thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm sure the performer RPM kit has everything since it is Smog legal I think. I have 3.73gears in mine I feel they are too much I would go with 3.50 or 3.55. Mine revs too much on teh freeway and its annoying. I'm going to upgrade to a t56 soon and will see how it is then.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I like my 373's on the highway. I do have a Tremec 3550 Tranny it it so It may be geared slightly lower that a T-5.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
The only thing I can think of is make sure you get Edelbrock's elbow for the TB. I had a SVO elbow with a RPM intake and it caused my TB to hit the oil filler tube. The RPM had the inlet neck moved forward about 3/8 inch. I'd hope their elbow would take this into account.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot, Ill make sure I get the Edelbrock elbow.

Anyone have any experience with installing the RPM intake? I noticed a lot of old posts mentioned having issues with the vaccume lines because of poor diagrams.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts