Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rings went to heaven. Starting mod motor rebuild as of Monday! What particular products such as piston (flat vs dished), rods, rings, bearings, gaskets, ect. did you mod motor re-builders use and what worked best? What other components/parts do I need to replace or will need to replace in the future? Any suggestions or comments from you guys will be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
283 Posts
When I got my 01 motor built up I used manley 11cc dish pistons/rings, manley rods and bearings, ARP head stud kit, ARP cobra main studs, SHM billet oil pump gears.

I went ahead and got the heads ported, and should have gotten cams put in too, but didnt. While its open make sure you replace the oil pump gears. I just read a post about a guy who had his break.

·
Registered
474 Posts
aprather said:
While its open make sure you replace the oil pump gears. I just read a post about a guy who had his break.

shhhh dont tell the whole world...

Yeah With my Rebuild (Still deciding who is gonna do it)

Modmax Flatops Pistons (For Higher Compression) Modmax Rods,
Arp Head and Main Studs, OF Course Sean Hyland OIL PUMP GEARS with 01 Cobra Oil Pump.

Im gonna port my heads and Get a set of crane Regrinds...

·
Registered
283 Posts
ac1122 said:
shhhh dont tell the whole world...

Yeah With my Rebuild (Still deciding who is gonna do it)

Modmax Flatops Pistons (For Higher Compression) Modmax Rods,
Arp Head and Main Studs, OF Course Sean Hyland OIL PUMP GEARS with 01 Cobra Oil Pump.

Im gonna port my heads and Get a set of crane Regrinds...
I didnt mention any names :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts