Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted pictures a long while back. Half the parts I needed to finish it were on backorder and are finally starting to make there way.

I used 3/4 inch MDF board. You can use a smlaler thickness board. I used the 3/4 inch because of the weight of the 2 bottles filled.

To attach the board to the car I used 4 Grade 8 nuts & bolts. The nuts I welded to the floor and drilled holes through so that the board can easily be removed and put the stockers back in if needed.

I used 1/2 inch foam to hide the braket mounting plates and to give the board a rounded off front lip.

I still have to vinyl it, attach the main line to the other end of the filter, polish all the fittings, and install the polished plates I had made for around the fittings and holes for the blowdown tubes.

Should have it completed by the end of the week along with most of the other projects.

Let me know what you think. :)
Eric

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Kool!

It looks great especially with the Aerospace dual bottle bracket. One question though, is that going to be NHRA legal with nitrous lines running inside the car? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see why not.

I know the blowdown tubes are needed w/ the proper saftey discs. The lines are -6AN Aeroquip SS Teflon Race hose and matching fittings. Good to 3000PSI.

Any way you hook up nitrous your gunna have lines & fittings in the car, mine will just be a little closer. I know I've seen plenty of Pro cars in magazines with their bottles in the front seat.

Eric

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The bracket was $260 with the mounting braces (you need them).

www.aerospacecomponents.com

They sell a single one also, NOS makes some too.

Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.