Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is very weird to me but when i went to jack the car up the back rear tires wouldnt leave the ground. i was jacking under the rear frame section, and i can get the body up high enough to put stands under it but the tires are still planted HARD to the ground. in my 96 i can do this all day with not problem but my newly aquired 86 is a no go. i dont think i can jack it using the rear because the car is lowered and i wouldnt be able to get the wheels off because of clearance. suggestions?
also is this common to lowered cars? i think the guy before me dropped it like 2 inches (shocks and springs)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Jack on the differential. Mine is on the bumpstop in the rear end and I can still get a jack under it. They only reason I can think the wheels are hanging down that far is if the shocks aren't connected.
Brent

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i thought about the shocks idea too, but its too cold to lay on the concrete right now...20s as a high is not fun.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Also check and make sure it also isnt some flex from the car, with a convo and a fox this could be a big part of the issue.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok yea i got it up using the pumpkin, i didnt even think about the bumpstops until you mentioned it. worked like a charm. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts