Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does the rear main seal keep blowing out after my AOD to T-5 conversion?? Ive replaced it right, using alittle bit of grease and they both seemed to seet just fine. What could be the problem??????

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Sadly, it's something you're going to have to get used to. For some reason those damn things always seem to leak! At least for most of us, there are a few lucky one's that don't have that problem.

A friend and I swapped out a rear main, and made sure to install it PERFECTlY... we even used some RTV sealent to make sure it didnt' leak. Guess what? It leaks!

By the way, I swapped from a Tremec to a Lentech AOD and I need the TV cable (throttle kickdown cable and bracket.) Do you have yours that you want to get rid of?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Get the felpro repair sleeve for the rear main sleeve. You put this in before the seal so that it will take up any space due to engine wear. You then put the seal in and you should be ok. Thats how I did mine and I have had no problems with leaks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
repair sleeve

Where do I get the repair sleeve?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Any parts store that sells Fel pro should be able to get the repair sleeve for you. It probably won't be in stock, but they should have a part number for you.

·
Registered
70 Posts
thank you!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts