Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys check out my signature for my modifications. I have the AOD with a shift kit and 3.27 gears stock. Which would be the best seat of the pants improvement, a higher stall torque converter or 3.73-4.10 gears? I have heard the torque converter does wonders for the AOD and they say same about the rear end gears so what do you all think with my modifications?

Forgot to mention this is a daily driver also and maybe go to the track 3 times a year.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I changed to a 3.73 back when I had an aod, it helped out alot, it was like a whole different car. I wish I had gone 4.10 now, but I have a c4 and dont drive my car daily so the higher gear wouldnt matter to me like it would if it were daily driven. As for the stall, someone else will have to comment on that, I never upgraded the stall until I put this trans in.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
88COBRA said:
A stall converter will give your AOD more performance and better feel around town.

I would save for both, get a nice set of 373s or 410s and a nice stall to go with them.

Ian
I second that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.