Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sound say MAKING. I am to tired to type.

It seems to make the sound mostly in 2nd gear, but it has happened in 3rd and 4th as well. What happens is, I will shift into the next gear, and hit the gas. If the RPMs are what seems to be below 2200ish, it will make a "kunk kunk" sound, before the car takes off. Anyone wanna take a guess at this? I know this can't be good! :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
Kevins89notch5.0 said:
It sound say MAKING. I am to tired to type.

It seems to make the sound mostly in 2nd gear, but it has happened in 3rd and 4th as well. What happens is, I will shift into the next gear, and hit the gas. If the RPMs are what seems to be below 2200ish, it will make a "kunk kunk" sound, before the car takes off. Anyone wanna take a guess at this? I know this can't be good! :(
LOL, sounds like you had to many beans to me! :lol:

anyways, i dont think its the rear-end, it sounds more like u-joints to me, mine used to be TERRIBLE at that, no matter how softly i let the clutch out in between gears, it would buck back and forth a few times then "engage" and go forward, hopefully thats all that it is!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Rear end is maming an odd sound?

W.O.T. Stang said:


LOL, sounds like you had to many beans to me! :lol:

anyways, i dont think its the rear-end, it sounds more like u-joints to me, mine used to be TERRIBLE at that, no matter how softly i let the clutch out in between gears, it would buck back and forth a few times then "engage" and go forward, hopefully thats all that it is!
:D no, I just got off a 14 hour shift, and put in over 25 hours this weekend! I am DEAD tired!

The u-joint sounds like a better guess than the rear end. I was thinking of getting an aluminium drive shaft when I get my tremec, so I might as well replace the U-joint also!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Rear end is maming an odd sound?

Kevins89notch5.0 said:


:D no, I just got off a 14 hour shift, and put in over 25 hours this weekend! I am DEAD tired!

The u-joint sounds like a better guess than the rear end. I was thinking of getting an aluminium drive shaft when I get my tremec, so I might as well replace the U-joint also!
An aluminum driveshaft would definitely be worth it, if you can afford it :) and if you get one, it comes with brand new u-joints already on it, so you wont have to worry about any of that! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Re: Re: Rear end is maming an odd sound?

W.O.T. Stang said:


An aluminum driveshaft would definitely be worth it, if you can afford it :) and if you get one, it comes with brand new u-joints already on it, so you wont have to worry about any of that! :)
With my new job, I can easily afford one. I made 250.00 in tips this weekend :D :evil: :joy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,364 Posts
If it makes the sound when going into a driveway on an angle or when you first go to accelerate from a stop then it could also be torque boxes.

Carson
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top