Ford Mustang Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've been looking around...
The Moog part number for the lower rear bushings is K8812.
I found some at Carid.com

Order Details
MOOG® K8812 - Rear Lower Control Arm Bushings
SKU: 537140742​

Ford Aerostar Extended Passenger Van / Mini Cargo Van / Mini Passenger Van 1990-1994, Rear Lower Control Arm Bushings (K8812) by MOOG®. Replace your worn or damaged bushings with stronger and...​
Fits Following Model(s):
• Extended Passenger Van / Mini Cargo Van / Mini Passenger Van​
Price:​
$19.34​
Qty:​
1​
Delivery:​
$11.55​
Total:​
$30.89​

Subtotal:​
$19.34​
Shipping:​
$11.55​
Tax:​
$2.55​
Total:​
$33.44​
I've seen these before. Nowhere have I found that states they will fit the mustang control arms. Has anyone used these buahings before?

·
Registered
825 Posts
I've seen these before. Nowhere have I found that states they will fit the mustang control arms. Has anyone used these buahings before?
All I can tell you is that the Mark VII and the Mustang shared the same rear bushings, oval in the front lower.
I searched using that part number from my folder of records and receipts, as well as looking back a few years into posts at a Lincoln website.
K8812 is the correct Moog part number.
Prior to posting this I spent at least 30 minutes searching the net. It's as if that once the bushings were no longer being made, all of the old application lists were deleted.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
All I can tell you is that the Mark VII and the Mustang shared the same rear bushings, oval in the front lower.
I searched using that part number from my folder of records and receipts, as well as looking back a few years into posts at a Lincoln website.
K8812 is the correct Moog part number.
Prior to posting this I spent at least 30 minutes searching the net. It's as if that once the bushings were no longer being made, all of the old application lists were deleted.
Thanks for all the research. I'll definitely be trying these bushings and post my findings for everyone

·
Registered
1989 Mustang GT, coyote swapped*
2,008 Posts
MM lower control arms (no spring perch with swaybar mount)
Stock uppers with new rubber bushings
Rear coilovers & MM Panhard bar

this would be a really good way to start off the rear end.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I had yo come back and revisit this.
Today I was getting stuff together in the garage, and pulled out the bushings I mentioned and an old pair of rear lower arms.
The front oval bushing IS the same, but the rear round is NOT. It is much larger than the stock bushing.
Evidently my old info is wrong.
Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I had yo come back and revisit this.
Today I was getting stuff together in the garage, and pulled out the bushings I mentioned and an old pair of rear lower arms.
The front oval bushing IS the same, but the rear round is NOT. It is much larger than the stock bushing.
Evidently my old info is wrong.
Sorry for any confusion.
No problem and thanks for the update. I'm probably going a different direction. I'm still looking a a budget set of control arms

21 - 26 of 26 Posts