Ford Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 1998 Mustang GT 4.6L convertible there are a set of shocks attached from the rear axle to the frame that are both leaking and cost over $80 each! i was wondering if i could just replace them with solid bars instead of using the shock style setup they have on it now.
can try to post pics if needed.What would the handling characteristics be if i used a solid mount instead of the shock mount. these shocks should not be confused with regular shocks as they are mounted like traction bars. The shocks seem to be for torsional force which is something i am trying to eliminate anyway YES?
Thanks guys

<Slaya>

·
Registered
132 Posts
these are called quad shocks. i dont run them on my car. they get in the way of my 295's lol.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I also have mine removed. Once you have upgraded upper and lower rear control arms, they become pretty much extra weight at that point.

·
Registered
6,443 Posts
Keep them or remove them, but don't install a solid bar. The solid bar will bind, preventing the axle from moving up and down.

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks...corralnet rox because of you cats

Thanks for the help[ guys!! I am back after a long while gone....I still have my sn95 but we just opened a shop in Loves Park 2 months ago and finally have some room to play with our own toys and got this 98 on a trade so it's time to do some mods.....which i will separately post on..Thx again.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
these are called quad shocks. i dont run them on my car. they get in the way of my 295's lol.
Huh??? Your talking about your car in your signature right?

I have 315's on my car and they aren't anywhere near hitting my quad shocks. What kind of back spacing do your rims have?

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea that one I am putting a 347 in but we have another one we just picked up which is a 1998. BTW I am looking for a 347 crank and some other stuff roller lifters,push-rods 7/16 studs...

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I'm not sure if I find it sad or scary that you have opened up a "shop", yet don't know what quad shocks are or what they do. :confused:

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
w/e

I'm not sure if I find it sad or scary that you have opened up a "shop", yet don't know what quad shocks are or what they do. :confused:
you know something dude #### you.I have been in the business for over 35 years and dont consider myself a SHOCK expert. i didnt focus my entire life around the theory and operation of shocks. go find the nomenclatur on what then name of the part is on alldata or anything else and you will find it isnt as cut and dry as you think mr EXPERT. so next time you have something slick to say ...go #### yourself first.

·
Banned
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
####in dick

if you don't have something intelligent to add to the discussion then just keep your ####in mouth shut a$$hole. I work over 70 hours a week and tackle jobs you wouldnt even begin to be able to handle.I have 2 engineering degrees and am also a microsoft certified systems engineer who tackles those problems your feeble mind cant even begin to comprehend.Youre a dick...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Dude why so heated? It's the internet buddy, don't take yourself so seriously. With all due respect, if you're working on anything you should understand the functions of them. I don't think I would trust my car to someone that's thinking of replacing shocks of any kind with a solid bar. And FYI, quad shocks are one of the most basic suspension parts on these cars. Any noob knows what they are, and what they do

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
if you don't have something intelligent to add to the discussion then just keep your ####in mouth shut a$$hole.
Like adding a "bar" where a shock is? :rofl:

I have 2 engineering degrees and am also a microsoft certified systems engineer who tackles those problems your feeble mind cant even begin to comprehend.Youre a dick...
Yet you cannot comprehend 10+ year old Mustang suspension technology. Our education system at its finest. :)

Dude why so heated?
It's because the truth hurts.

With all due respect, if you're working on anything you should understand the functions of them. I don't think I would trust my car to someone that's thinking of replacing shocks of any kind with a solid bar. And FYI, quad shocks are one of the most basic suspension parts on these cars. Any noob knows what they are, and what they do
OVER-RATED AND WEAK! GTFO!!! :rofl:

·
Registered
125 Posts
bashing 2K2GT on this site is not the best way to get help

·
Super Moderator
27,655 Posts
if you don't have something intelligent to add to the discussion then just keep your ####in mouth shut a$$hole. I work over 70 hours a week and tackle jobs you wouldnt even begin to be able to handle.I have 2 engineering degrees and am also a microsoft certified systems engineer who tackles those problems your feeble mind cant even begin to comprehend.Youre a dick...
Take a chill pill. Or a handful of them. I don't care if it takes a bucketful. But do NOT expect to keep using this forum if you're going to bypass word filters and jump off flying-spittle deep end.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.