Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here's my thing. I was reading in a back issue of 5.0 and it was saying that it is a good idea for cars with a lot of torque to weld up their torque boxes. i noticed that Wild Rides sells a kit that you can weld up. That kit is 200 bucks tho. I work in a welding shop so i can make everything i need, but I'm unsure of where my torque boxes are located. If someone could please help me out, i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks a lot!!

·
Banned
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks alot. i got my car up on some jack stands and i see what they mean. that is kinda crappy that ford did that to us. that area is very weak looking. thanks for the info.

·
Registered
88 Posts
there is a guy on here called "Neighbors" that makes & installs SFC's, and he also does an awesome torque box reinforcement that ties them in to the SFC's - i think there is a tech article here on corral somewhere, or you may have to do a web search. anyway, his method is a little different than the usual reinforcement brackets and, IMHO, the best way to do it. i think the article has some good pics, so if you're going to do them yourself then you might want to get some ideas from the article.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Don't forget the upper boxes!

Weld up both upper and lower the torque boxes. Make some plates for the lower torque boxes and weld them also. Just make sure you leave room to gain access to the control arm bolts. That will be good. Don't know how fast you are, but this will get you started.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts