Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a guy on here that had a parts list link in his sig...
Anyways I need a parts list for everything I need to accomplish an aode to t-45 swap besides the tranny shifter and bellhousing.
Could someone please help me out?

TIA,

Eric

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TTT...

I know this question has been asked before.
I've already done a search with minimal results.
Where would be a good business to purchace the parts from?

·
Registered
973 Posts
i am also looking to do the same thing. From what i know the things, or some of them, are the following

T-45

Clutchpedal assembly

Flywheel

Clutch

Input yoke from a manual tranny Driveshaft(or the driveshaft itself)

a wiring harness to switch over

clutch cable(i heard to go with the Adjustable clutch cable quadrant)

sokem people say you need a different cross member( i don' t know the validity of that though.)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the cross member as it is stated on stangparts.com as being the same.

Also

Pilot bearing
throwout bearing
clutch release bearing
tranny mount?
shift boot
clutch fork?

Trying to find a salvage yard for some of these parts. I'm going to call usa auto parts tomorrow.

B&S96GT said:
i am also looking to do the same thing. From what i know the things, or some of them, are the following

T-45

Clutchpedal assembly

Flywheel

Clutch

Input yoke from a manual tranny Driveshaft(or the driveshaft itself)

a wiring harness to switch over

clutch cable(i heard to go with the Adjustable clutch cable quadrant)

sokem people say you need a different cross member( i don' t know the validity of that though.)

·
Registered
729 Posts
yep I am swapping a 3650 from an 02 gt into mine right now you do need the crossmember and go with the adjustable clutch kit if you get an aftermarket clutch you need to anyway, also not that it is a straight bolt-on no cutting welding necessary. I will be finished with mine by the end of the week

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
badfast96 said:
yep I am swapping a 3650 from an 02 gt into mine right now you do need the crossmember and go with the adjustable clutch kit if you get an aftermarket clutch you need to anyway, also not that it is a straight bolt-on no cutting welding necessary. I will be finished with mine by the end of the week
What clutch did you go with? I thinking about going with a spec stage 1 or 2. Yeah, I'll probably get the steeda adjustable quadrant. Thanks again for the reply and good luck with the conversion!!

·
Registered
729 Posts
I went with teh spec stage 1 there is a guys artsparts in the for sale forum that can get a heck of a deal on them I bought mine yesterday

·
Registered
729 Posts
also note not the engine wiring harness but just the tranny harness and you can pick them up for about 75+shipping. I got mine yesterday

·
Registered
527 Posts
It is a fairly easy project considering everything will bolt right in without any cutting, welding or fabricating. Any ??s just ask or PM me.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
i just finished mine a few weeks ago. along with the stuff on john's website, i would recommend an aluminum flywheel and 11" cobra clutch. they do make a 6-bolt aluminum flywheel for the 11" clutch. i have one. fidanza. have fun with this swap! PITA!
:D

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
stroked or blown? said:
i just finished mine a few weeks ago. along with the stuff on john's website, i would recommend an aluminum flywheel and 11" cobra clutch. they do make a 6-bolt aluminum flywheel for the 11" clutch. i have one. fidanza. have fun with this swap! PITA!
:D
Thanks!!

Do you know if they make an 8 bolt aluminum flywheel for the 11" clutch. I need an 8 bolt flywheel. I was thinking about going with a spec clutch. How much did the clutch and flywheel cost you?

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
since the 99+ cobras came with the 11" clutch and have the 8bolt crank i would say they will be easy to find. flywheel was $270 and i dont remember what the clutch was. friend ordered it for me.

·
Registered
973 Posts
how do i know what bolt flywheel i will need? i have a 96gt? thanks especially since i may have jsut got myself a transmission.

Louie

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
B&S96GT said:
how do i know what bolt flywheel i will need? i have a 96gt? thanks especially since i may have jsut got myself a transmission.

Louie

If you are still running a 96-98 block, you'll need a 6 bolt flywheel. I put a '00 2v in the car a couple of months ago which has an 8 bolt flywheel. BTW, I am selling some nice stereo equip to raise some $$ for some parts to do the swap. If anyone is interested, let me know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts