Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok for starters the car is an 87lx that i bought as a roller. The computer/engine harness is out of an 89lx(mass air) while the body in car harness is still 87. I am trying to locate the single wire plug VP connector to run the codes on my scanner. The larger plug((4 wire)) is there on my 89 harness(from computer)but the smaller plug is nowhere to be found. I took apart the entire harness hoping a wire broke in the harness and the plug fell off but everything is good back to the computer. Does the plug come from any harness inside the car? searched over in the drivers side strut tower area and the only plug that looks close is the one for what i belive to be from the hood lamp. What color wire am I supposed to be looking for? Where does it connect to in car since it does not go direct to the computer? Is it just a 12v power source? Is it a ground? I am Very lost and confused about this so please help if you can. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
27,657 Posts
Wow. I couldn't possibly have less of a clue. But hang tight, somebody will know something given enough time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts