Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a broken T-45 from a '96 Cobra. Fits years 1996 to 1998. $100.

I bought an already rebuilt trans as a replacement, and have no use for this broken one. I was going to rebuild it myself, but I have way too many other projects right now.

Something happened during a 1-2 powershift that left me with no shifter engagement into any gear. I believe it broke a shift fork, however, I DO NOT know exactly what it needs, as I have not gotten into the transmission other than removing the tailshaft housing. The synchros were questionable at the time the trans went out.

Located in Roseville, MI (Detroit suburb)

PICK-UP ONLY, I will not ship this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
will you please sell me just the bellhousing, and the input cone? i need them bad. if so would you change your mind on shipping if i pay for it? please let me know asap thanks
mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey, genius, the T-45 has an integral bellhousing. :blam:

BTW - still available. It has been taking up space in the back of my garage. Someone make me an offer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Kleckner said:
Hey, genius, the T-45 has an integral bellhousing. :blam:

BTW - still available. It has been taking up space in the back of my garage. Someone make me an offer.
Actually the T45 bellhousing is removable, it just bolts to the tranny from the insideof the bellhousing. The only part that makes it seem that way is the bellhousing must come off the car when pulling the trans.

·
Registered
11 Posts
:leghump: don't try and talk crap until you know what you are talking about. i need just the bellhousing because it is removable. you say the "synchros" were questionable, if you knew anything about "synrhros" you would know that you can remove the bellhousing. just because you aren't smart enough to figure it out doesn't mean it is not possible. next time you try and make someone look stupid get your facts or
KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT. now i'm sure you can figure out where to stick the tranny(bellhousing and all) :shakehead :bs:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Ha.
If there's anyone in this post that knows wtf they're talking about, Mr Kleckner does.
Free ttt for the munkee.

·
Registered
11 Posts
pop quiz

:eek: :rofl: ok jon i suppose you think the bellhousing is non removable too but you guys are real smart right. i got a little quiz for you. 1. who can tell me why the motor out of a 1983 corvette is not compatible with any other year of corvette?
2. tell me the one thing every mechanic knows about the water pump on a 1968 vw beetle?

i am looking forward to your responce. :shakehead

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hey, jackass, should I be more clear than "I was going to apologize"? It is REMOVEABLE, I just had not looked at it in a very long time. JHC.

BTW, how clever. Did you learn those fake questions from the extra-point quiz at the Vo-tech auto class? With a bit of inspiration from My Cousin Vinny?

How about instead of crapping all over this thread, go back and get your "Bad Boy" chest tattoo touched up. The flea market gold chains around your neck have faded him.

Someone please delete this trainwreck of a thread. :shakehead

·
Registered
288 Posts
I found the answers in my ***** automobile manual, it was right between the procedure for checking the side clearances on muffler bearings and the one for installing rocker arms on a flathead ford.

Umm, anyway, I'm kinda new to this mustang thing, so I was wondering is this a 5 speed tranny? and will it bolt up to/withstand a hopped up 351 windsor ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts