Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting some white smoke and water out of the tail-pipes, so I naturally suspected a head gasket. Funny part is, the exhaust didn't smell sweet, there was no water in the oil, and no oil or bubbles in the coolant. I decided to tear the motor down to check things out, and this is what I've noticed so far: Lot's of gas in the intake. When I removed the upper, there was a very strong gas smell, as well as raw gas on part of the gasket and on my spacer. Removed lower, and also noticed a strong gas smell, as well as some black sludge on the #12 bolt (Middle on driver's side) which smelled like oil and gas. Can anyone help?

Just prior to the smoking, I installed new plug wires and distributor, as well as removed CAI and placed the K&N in the open engine bay. My damper may be off (it's a little wobbly) so I'm not sure if the timing is right. Is the gas smell in the intake normal? I don't remember it smelling this strong when I installed my heads last year. Can anyone help? Is this a head gasket or something else?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts