Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of days ago I started getting a rattle when the car is first started when I rev the engine. The sound goes away when it warms up. It kinda sounds like the exhaust is hitting something. At lunch today it will have cooled down and I can get some one else to start it and rev it a little and take a look underneath. Anything in particular I should look for?

It almost sounds like detonation, I cleaned my MAF last night, no help. What determines fuel ratio before the car warms up?

Thanks in advance,
SN95GT50

·
Registered
374 Posts
Check your exhaust clearance, particularly where the midpipe makes the curve up to the headers. Upon startup when the car is running a little rough the pipe will rattle more, as your car warms up or you spin up the RPM's it will smooth out and the problem should fade.
As far as the AF ratio, i believe there is a set table for startup conditions, i.e. the maf signal isn't important on startup... tweecer/maf tuner guys chime in here.
dave

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just checked it, looks like it is back by the mufflers, I will be under there this weekend and I will figure it out then.

SN95GT50

1 - 4 of 4 Posts