Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 96 Cobra with Saddle interior. My interior is half saddle and half black including the door panels

I have also seen saddle interiors like this, notice the different door panel

Now look here, the trim around the window and door locks is not black

Then I have also seen saddle interior where the entire interior is all sadle including the dash. Why is this? Wasnt the interior option just a color choice, why did some parts alternate colors like they did?

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's different model years

The first pic is a 94, 95 or 96 (it's your 96 right?). The last one is a 97. In that year they changed the top parts from the doors from black to the bottom color, ie grey, tan or black. The middle picture is a 98. You can also tell it's a 98 by the new cupholder and the removed clock pod on top of the dash.

Actually I like the 94-96's look best. My 98 however has an all black interior, and those were not affected.

·
Registered
242 Posts
The second picture is a '98, but the owner either painted the panels around the switches black or put ones in from a '94-'96 Mustang. In '98, the door panels were all one color just like in '97.

The third picture is a '97.

My '96 GT had the two tone door and quarter panels and I'll be doing the same thing to my '97 Cobra this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts