Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
since i bought the car it has had a idle surging problem. i ran codes today to see if i can shed some light on the situation. the car is a 1993 4 cyl to v8 swap, 5 speed, tfs-1 cam, gt40 intake, exhaust, 24#, MAF, 70mm TB. it was surging before and after i swapped the stuff listed. (it was stock when i got it) ive cleaned the IAC and reset the idle, TPS to .99 at idle. ive gotten it to idle w/o surging around 950. anything lower than that it surges. timing at 12*.

the codes are as follows:
KOEO-10,34,34,67,81,82,84,85
KOER- the first time i tried to run the codes the scan tool cut the motor off. the second, third, and fourth time the tool was sayin system error. (i used the scan tool on a friends car 2 wks. ago. it worked fine.)

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Code 67 wont let the KOER test run. Do you have the white connector on the Clutch switch plugged in? Was the A/C on?

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ill check the clutch tomorro w. i know you have to push the clutch in to start it. the selector was in the off position. also, the a/c stuff isnt hooked up. the compressor is there but no lines or connectors aren't plugged/hooked up.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
There is 2 different circuits on the Clutch switch. On for starter engage, one for the NSS signal to the ECM. The NSS signal has nothing to do with starting. But wont let the Test initiate.

You can also try holding the clutch down why you try and pull the codes. But the Clutch has to be held down through the duration of the test. Or it will abort.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok ill check to see if NSS signal has been interupted at the clutch pedal. if there is not a plug to complete the curcuit, what do i have to do to fix that problem (besides the obvious, ;) ). for the time being, ill jus hold the pedal down while testing. thanks for the help joe.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Plug should be there. If not, then its best to wire one in the Correct way. You more than likely have to get the Connector from a Junkyard.Dont believe Ive seen them for sale at the autoparts store.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Plug should be there. If not, then its best to wire one in the Correct way. You more than likely have to get the Connector from a Junkyard.Dont believe Ive seen them for sale at the autoparts store.
that is why i said 'besides the obvious.' 'how should it be wired,' is what i should've said. is it pen 30 on the computer that should go to the plug? then from the plug to a ground? grounding, i think, pen 30 while running the KOEO test will override the clutch switch, right? :)

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Yes, grounding PIN 30 makes the ECM think its in neutral.

Its not the correct way, just a last resort.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
looked at the clutch switch. the black one is plugged in. when i plugged the grey one in the car would not start...? unplug the grey one and it would start like it usually does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts