Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Cedar Falls Raceway. First time running at a 1/4 mile track ever, so it was a little to get used to. The BFG's would not hook very well at all. I was talking to a guy that used to run them and he said they don't hook worth a crap until they're worn down a ways. It was pretty funny cuz just as were leaving the track he takes a look at the tires and says,"Yep, a few more passes and these things will just be gettin ready to hook." I was just like..."great.. :rolleyes: " Oh well, they'll hook that much better next time.

Well anyways I ran a ton of 12.9's and 12.8's. But my best was a [email protected] There was a 99 WS6 running 12.9's with an LS6 intake, LS6 cam, exhaust and bolt-ons. So yea, the mph is there. I just need to learn how to hook up better with the tires. I'm pretty happy with the times, but mostly the mph because that lets me know there's a lot more in it. I still need to learn where to shift, I'm thinking about getting a shift light and hiding it in the heater vent. Oh, the car weighed 3325 with me in it. I weigh 160, so I should be able to get it down closer 3000 (w/o me) with some drag wheels and more weight reduction. My buddy said he dropped 60lbs with just the Welds. Well, here's the slip...

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just think!! I got a 12.48 pass at only 106.xx with a 1.6x 60' so imagine if I could get that kind of MPH a 12.0 or even an 11.9 is posible and my car weigh's with me and Welds 3640.

At that Mph and weight you have a very low 12sec. pass in that car waiting for you, keep practicing!!!

BTW that is a very decent 60' on DR's !!!!!!!

Congrats and Good luck! You'll get 11 eventually !!!!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
AWESOME times Jake! Like I said, with more practice those times will continue to fall. That's really good times for your first trip out. WIth more time launching on those DR's, you'll get used to them and be able to better that 60'. I'm cutting 1.6's on nitto dr's, it just takes the right amount of clutch slippage.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
combo?

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AFR 165cc, 58cc Heads
Custom Ed Curtis Cam
Edelbrock Performer 5.0 (Tom Moss Ported Lower)
Richmond 3.73 Gears
March Underdrive Pulleys
MAC Long Tube Headers
MAC Pro-Chamber
MAC Cat-Back
Homemade Cold Air

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Good times! I wouldn't complain about a 1.8 60ft!! for your first time out! Thats really not too bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts