Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having problems getting the clutch to disengage completely. Even if I take the cable off the fork it dosent go back far enough to give me clearance between the throwout bearing and the clutch cover. On Rams website they sell a clutch cable, quadrant that gives more throw but they want $189, and on top of that they sell a fork made for the long style clutch setup for $200. This is ridulous, this info should pe posted in the same area as the clutches are. I am going to call ram tech suppport if they wont help I will post how they take care of customer service issues.
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
17 Posts
i had the same problem with mine,my fork was hitting the bearing retainer,had to do some ginding on the fork,also you need an adjustable pivot ball,do you have a diaphram or long style pressure plate,i made my own fork,lengthened and notched out, had mine in & out several times before i got it adjusted right,i had to adjust the length of the pivot ball to get it to disengage & release correctly. mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The kit did come with its own pivot ball. Did you have to buy Rams cable, and quadrant to get the correct throw? I've got the long style cover.

·
Registered
17 Posts
im using a ford cable,hayes quadrant,i also have a firewall adjuster,the problem i had was that the fork would hit the pressure plate before the clutch was disengaged all the way,couldn't get it into gear without grinding,so i had to mess with the length of the pivot ball to get the right angle on the fork,i finally got it right,i was determined to make it work without buying that $200.00 clutch fork,you said that you were going to talk to ram,please let me know what they had to say. mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am calling them tomorrow. I don't expect much help, I mean they aren't going to send me a $200 clutch fork. I just want to get it to work right. I spent $650 on the clutch kit and flywheel, for that price it should work. Maybe more people should read this forum before wasting their money on Ram products! I'll let you know what they say.
John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts