Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running Novi 2000 with cogs what radiator are you guys using for clearance, will a griffon work

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Running Novi 2000 with cogs what radiator are you guys using for clearance, will a griffon work
passenger side mount or drivers side??

If passenger side mount, go with the 27x19 Griffen rad instead of the 31x19 rad...
However, if you go with the 27x19, you will need to move the upper rad brackets inwards from their original location, and that means you have to drill new holes in the upper rad support...if you dont like the idea, then stick with the original size rad (which is close to the 31x19) and modify the upper inlet tube to fit/clear the blower/belt...

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Fluidyne with a Spal dual 11" unit. I've run a everything to a FMS 3 core to a Be-Cool and this one fits the best by far.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hAVE THE gRIFFON BUT CLEARANCE ISSUES AT BLOWER PULLEY AND IT IS 31X19

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
hAVE THE gRIFFON BUT CLEARANCE ISSUES AT BLOWER PULLEY AND IT IS 31X19
Issues with the rad hose fitment?
U have to modify the inlet tube on the rad. Depending on the pulley ( 8 or 10 rib), you will have to either get the inlet tube angled on a 45 or 90. Any welder shop should be able to modify it for you.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I used a 31 x 19 cross flow radiator made by Northern Radiator. Nice welded radiator. Some new hoses and it worked great. The radiator is about $175.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 30" radiator just will not clear. So who's 27 do ya recc

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
The 30" radiator just will not clear. So who's 27 do ya recc
Why will a 31" radiator like the one I posted a picture of not work? The inlet is on the drivers side. The opposite side as the head unit.

I am confused as to what issue your having I guess.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Why will a 31" radiator like the one I posted a picture of not work? The inlet is on the drivers side. The opposite side as the head unit.

I am confused as to what issue your having I guess.
It seems like his inlet on the rad is on the passenger side (as with any Ford style rad, passenger inlet, drivers side outlet)

30-31 inch rad with a passenger side blower causes some interference problems with the rad hose. Again, either get a 27inch rad, or the rad style you posted, OR modify the inlet on your rad.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am running the FMS radiator with my Novi cog setup on a 351 based motor.

Anthony
427w

1 - 12 of 12 Posts