Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 4:10 in my car but the first time I let a person drive my car the blow up my rear end. Anyway my differential blew up and it took my gear and the casing with it. So i got my car fixed by the dealer, and they covered under warranty.so they installed the stock 3:27 back in it. So now i am looking to get another 4:10 in but i want to get a differential too. so it doesnt happen again. Anyway if anyone could point me in a good direction it will be most helpfull. thanks

tony

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Wow, Tony. You don't hear of this too often. Were you the one who posted pictures of this carnage on here about a week ago?

If you want to keep the IRS, about the only option is to find a pumpkin from another Cobra and buy a more durable differential. C-lockers work well, but make a helluva lot of noise. I'm not really sure about what diff. to buy. I do know that the differential covers for the explorer and lincoln cases are not rigid enough and will break if you beat on them heavily. It's not the same as the cobra part. I believe any diff. case is fine, but the cover is the weak link with the aluminum IRS differential.

Why don't you PM Joe Lynch? He seems to have every answer for anything involving the IRS...let me know if I can help further, or if you need Joe's contact info. It's in his profile, I'm sure.

Todd

1 - 2 of 2 Posts