Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hooked up a shift light in my car and it is not working right. I have a good ground and positive connection and I have it hooked up to the negative side of my coil. When I turn the car on, the shift light turns on and shuts off like it is supposed too, but it won't turn on with my 3000 test pill. I have the setting on the back of the light set to 8. I do have an MSD in my car, but I should still be able to hook it up to coil right? Any ideas???

Thanks

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I plan too, I just didn't want to pull out the fenderwell tonight where my MSD is located. But, I guess I will try that and hope it works. Thanks

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
No problem, I don't see why it wouldn't work the way you have it hooked up now. But it depends where in the wires you tapped into, if you tapped into the MSD wires or not. I think you will have to move it to hte MSD.

Troy

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your help, I'm going to hook it up to the MSD like I should have right away.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I hooked it back up threw the MSD and it works now. I must have hooked it up wrong or something. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts