Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I am currently looking at the 03 cobra convertible and was wondering if anyone knows how the car handles in comparison to the vette vert? I know it is going to weight a lot, but I love verts and was thinking of getting one if it doesn't handle like a brick. Look forward to hearing your responses and thank you.

·
Registered
162 Posts
While the 03 Cobra has even more front weight bias than the earlier cars, all the test articles I've read rave about the handling. They must have done some pretty good suspension tuning, but physics will eventually win, and at the limit, that front bias is going to hurt the handling. The Corvette has a stiffer chassis, better suspension geometry, better weight distribution, and less weight. Hard to think of how that Cobra is going to out-handle the Corvette... with equal drivers.

That said, my Cobra vert handles great, and I routinely beat Corvettes at open track events... assuming we're all on street tires.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, I figured the cobra wasn't going to hadles as well as the vette, but I figured I should ask. I think I am going to take the loss in handling from the vette and try to get a cobra vert. I had a GT vert before and I thought it handled pretty decently compared tom y friends Saleeen actually, well at the liimit, my tires squealed and he just kept going. Anyways thanks for the info, hopefully I can become a mustang owner once again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.