Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm where did the text go?

Double post, but the text did not show up first time!

I am getting ready to buy a set of tires for my 16" pony rims as it's time to take off the 215-65-15 Michelin Artic Alipn's on the 10 hole rims.

I have narrowed down to two choices both 245-50-16's

Falken ZIEX ZE-502's Z rated $356 for 4

BFG G force T/A KDW Y rated $476 for 4

This is for a daily driver, but I do want good tires. Mostly highway but like to bite into corners and have some decent launch traction and handle rain good. Dont want all season's as I have a great set of winter tires.

The Falken's appear to be similar in specs and I like the lower price, but if the BFG's are really that much better, that seems to be a good price for them.

Just looking for some feeback from you guys :)

TIA

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
no complaints about the Falkens here, nice tire :) good quality

·
Registered
158 Posts
DIFFERENT DIRECTION

i'm running the KDW's now. i really don't have much of an opinion of them for road use. meaning they haven't disappointed me and haven't knocked my socks off either. i'll be switching back to kumho 712's soon. they stick better while autocrossing and i trust them more in the rain. the price is better also. i think a set will run about $400 even for 245/50's. good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
when i had Ponies, I had Falkens on there.. they were loud when i spun them and didnt hook worth a crap..

the BFGs i had on there were so quiet and smoother.. and hooked a lot better too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Had Falkens on for a week then it rained,took them right off.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm this makes the decision more complicated now. I was able to find pretty good ratings info on the Kumho 712's and none on the Falkens. They appear to be similar in quality and construction. The Kumho ratings :
http://www.tirerack.com/survey/SurveyComments.jsp?additionalComments=y&tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=ECSTA+Supra+712 http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testResultsModel.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+Z

seem to be prettty polarized. Someof the negative comments are for expensive car owners Who replaced much more expensive tires. The tough part is trying to determine what are the real drawbacks to the cheaper tires.

If I can determine if the Kumho's and Falkens are pretty equal I will go for the Falkens. I would just get the Kumho's but I can get the Falkens or the BFG's from the local NTB at the Web price and they will get them mounted and balanced for the price of the shipping!

Tire ratings is obviously pretty subjective so I appreciate any comments you all can bring along.

Any more comments about the BFG G-force tires??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts