Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Their site says that the upper intake they sell will fit a stock lower. Will it fit my cobra lower?

does anyone have experiance with this intake?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
If my memory serves me good, this is a Down's ford box intake.
I "think" they made one for a GT40/Cobra lower.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Cartech makes them in at least 3 style's, stock,cobra/gt40,truck
The intake is just like they claim great for power adders with 3k+power band

·
Registered
22 Posts
Crossett said:
Their site says that the upper intake they sell will fit a stock lower. Will it fit my cobra lower?

does anyone have experiance with this intake?
We offer intakes to fit the stock lower, it's just not the picture you posted. The one you posted is for a GT40 but is a Downs box. We make it but can only sell it to Downs. We also make the Bennett box for the GT40 lower and can sell it directly.

·
Registered
399 Posts
ok what size tb hole do the downs intakes have. i am possible trading a guy my cobra for his downs. which intake will work better. my cobra or a downs. i have a 302 with afr 185s

·
Registered
498 Posts
I don't mean to hijack here, but I just bought one of your uppers used but I don't see it on your website. It's this one, for the stock lower...

I was wondering if you had a part number for the fittings that go in the sides of that intake as mine didn't come with any.

As for the earlier question, the box upper is going to rob a lot of low end tq, but the higher HP is going to soar. If you have a power adder, like a turbo, that will make up for the loss of tq it's the way to go IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts