Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m installing new 99 PI heads and manifold on my 97 GT. I have one question.
My 97 manifold has two temp sensors attachments on it. The 99 heads have only
one. I’ve been told by one place that it’s ok the splice them together and plug them into
the one space, but another shop told me that won’t give a true temp reading and that the computer will keep adding fuel thinking the engine is cold. Anyone know which is correct. If I can’t splice them, where can I plug in the 2nd sensor? Anyone out there done this swap and know the correct way?

Thanks!
Scott

·
Registered
100 Posts
i don't think you can splice them. i used the manifold bung for my EEC. MAke or buy a tee fitting and put your dash guage on the heater hose....thats the most accurate reading.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I was advised against splicing as well. My 2nd sensor is plugged into the driver's side of the block. You can see pics of the location by clicking the link in my sig, going to the pics page, then scrolling down.

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
The temp sensor on the drivers side of the block is for the EEC input and the other I believe is for your factory temp.

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
Couple of things you can do.

1. Splice into a heater hose with a manifold that you can screw the sensor into.

2. Locate the sensor into the block drain outlet. It's below the cylinder head on the passenger side. Extend the harness wires and plug it in.

3. Buy a 2002 intake manifold. It has a nice spot just to the passenger side of the thermostat housing in the aluminum coolant crossover section that you can drill and tap for the sensor.

4. Drill and tap the thermostat housing to accept the sensor. This would entail a bung welded onto the housing.

Personally........I prefer option #3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts