Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok before I start: YES I KNOW THE 03 COBRA SET UP IS BETTER AND I WILL EVENTUALLY GET IT, BUT FOR NOW I NEED TO GET THE CAR RUNNING GOOD AND THIS IS WHAT I HAVE AT MY DISPOSAL. Please don't tell me to get the 03 or Steeda set up.

OK now my question: I have a Chicane style fuel pump that already has the bucket and all the wiring. What I am wondering is what type of bucket mods should I make to help the pump keep fuel at lower tank levels.
My car is not really that radical, just a few minor bolt on's and a Vortech with 10 #'s. I keep hearing that I should drill holes in the bucket, but I really don't want to do that if I don't have to. Also if you guys recommend it, where do you drill the holes :confused:

This set up is temporary until I can get a little more cash put aside for the Cobra or Steeda set up, so it does not have to be perfect, but I do want to be able to have a little fun with my car.

AGAIN PLEASE DO NOT TELL ME ABOUT HOW I SHOULD GET THE OTHER PUMPS. I APPRECIATE YOUR OPINION, BUT IT WILL DO ME NO GOOD RIGHT NOW. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
191 Posts
You should get the 03 pump and tank it will be better in the long run.

but really I istalled the chicane pump in my friends 01 gt and it was a direct swap, I'v never heard to drill any holes. ???

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
husun said:
You should get the 03 pump and tank it will be better in the long run.
You just had to do it didn't you :rolleyes:

:leghump:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts