Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE ALL THE BOLT ON EXCEPT A THROTTLE BODY AND LONG TUBES. WHAT LONG TUBES SHOULD I GO WITH ON MY 98 COBRA? I HAVE A DR. GAS X PIPE AND SPINTECH MUFLLERS, WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD BE A GOOD COMBINATION WITH THIS? ALSO I HAVE 373 GEARS AND I WAS WONDERING IF I SHOULD SWITCH TO 430, IF IT WOULD BE WISE OR NOT? THANKS !

·
Registered
339 Posts
Isn't there a issue with the air pump. 4.30 is a lot of street gear..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Some knows??? Isn't this what the boards about.. He's a newbie...

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Orginally posted by Silver88gt

4.30 is a lot of street gear..
Not for a DOHC Cobra...

Regarding LTs, depends on how much you want to spend...

Once you get past the fitment issues, BBKs are not bad for the price...
Hookers seem to have less fitment issues and you can change the clutch without having to pull one of them off...(BBKs have this problem) If money is not an issue, go with a set of KOOKS (about $700), GRIGGS (about a grand) or $HM LTs (about $1400)... Its your call... IMHO, for your setup, I think you'll be fine with a set of Hooker LTs...

The stock Cobra throttle body flows more than enough for most N/A applications...save your money...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Casper said:
4.56s with longtubes NA. I can't believe people still debate this.
Agreed.I have a 4.30 now and it is definately livable.However,a 4.56 goes in this week:)

While we are discussing this,Kooks,how do they interfere with a clutch change or do they?I am most interested in the Kooks headers over the others.

·
Corral Charter Member
2,020 Posts
I will be installing the Kooks/JDM headers in a couple of weeks, and will let you know about fitment and clutch access. I took a peak at them last night, and my first impression is very positive.

As for gears....4.30's are a good street/strip gear, much like 3.73's are for the 5.0. 4.56's are for the more "hardcore" types that are among us (me included). With either, you'll need to address traction issues.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Bob,with that said,I have a question for you.My car has basically same stuff as yours, minus headers.

I am going to the track this weekend for T&T and was considering getting the 4.56 in the car by then.Do you think I would see any gains from the gear?Or should I do the LT's then the gear?

·
Registered
339 Posts
Thanks guys..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Check the Corral's marketplace, there are usually some good deals on exhaust parts. I have some LT for sale there, but the ones I am selling are prolly too large for NA.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts