Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just swapped the cobra intake for a track heat intake, 1" spacer, 30# injectors, and a new pro-m 75mm MAF. I haven't really driven it too much but I know I still need to work out some of the tuning bugs but it seems slower now. I haven't really gone past 4500 rpms yet though, is this going to be one of those high rpm only intakes. I was expecting it to be a high rpm intake but I really didn't think it would hurt my low rpm power/torque too much. Do you think it is just a tuning problem or is that just the way this intake is? Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
5ohguy said:
I think the the problem is the #30s. They r way to big for a na engine. Try stock or #24s max.
:barf:
Please try and have somewhat of a clue before posting an answer. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't post answers. :rolleyes:

Erik, the Track Heat is definitely going to be stronger above 4500 rpm. You shouldn't lose a noticable amount below that IMO. I ran a Track Heat before I got my Holley and it felt fine at lower rpm. I'd drive it for a while and really get on it. Once you feel the stronger pull above 4500 you won't worry about low rpm torque.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please try and have somewhat of a clue before posting an answer. If you don't know what you're talking about, don't post answers.
LOL, yeah that wasn't too good of an answer, I think the 30#'s should work pretty well, I swapped the 24#'s for them in fact.

Erik, the Track Heat is definitely going to be stronger above 4500 rpm. You shouldn't lose a noticable amount below that IMO. I ran a Track Heat before I got my Holley and it felt fine at lower rpm. I'd drive it for a while and really get on it. Once you feel the stronger pull above 4500 you won't worry about low rpm torque.
I sure hope you're right, I guess I'll find out today cause I'm gonna drive the sh*t out of it to try and get it running as best as possible, I think with a little tuning I can get it as strong as the cobra down low and much stronger in the upper range. Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
My combination last year was almost exactly part for part what you have except for 2 things - it was a 306 and I had Flowtech longtubes. It had decent low end (IMO) and pushed my fat vert to mid 12s at 109 mph in Phoenix (DA=2000+). Your extra cubes should help you build more low end than I did. Then again I tend to not notice how the car performs below 3000 rpm or so since I'm more concerned with getting down the track as fast as possible. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts