Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you put metal flake in powder coat? Also how much is it about per wheel? Anyone know of any good places near Ohio??
Shoul di paint em or Powder coat em?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hey, I had some TT 2's powder coated for my Ram Air Formula not to long ago. I went threw the same thing, paint or powder Coat?? Powder Coating is way stronger and resistant to nicks and flaking. I think I paid around $45 a wheel and that included tap and roughing the area. I live in Michigan so I cant help you out with a place, if you wanna see my wheels email me at [email protected] and Ill shoot you a pic. Hope that helped. Ryan

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wheel Gallery
Our charge is considerable higher, but we actuallyl strip the wheels down to the bare metal before we coat them. All wheels have a powder coated clear coat on them... but yes, powder coatings cn have metal flake in them.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how hard is it to get the powder coat to come off? Will a little scratch pull it off?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Powder Coating is a very durable coating. It is not indestructable though and will scratch if you take something sharp to it. It won't come off, but it will scratch. If it starts coming off, it was either not prepped correctly or not processed correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts