Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First question is,

Do all 5.0s in the sn-95 bodystyle have to have the stupid elbow after the intake on all aftermarket intakes? I want to get either a systemax or a trickflow r intake for my car but I cant stand that elbow.

Second, can you guys post pics of some sn-95 engine bays and if you would like some pics of the car in general. I think I would like to try a sn-95 body style next. Thanks for the help guys.

Derek

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Here's a few of the car, I'll have some bay pics when I get everything back together in a week.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
B0TTLE FED said:
First question is,

Do all 5.0s in the sn-95 bodystyle have to have the stupid elbow after the intake on all aftermarket intakes? I want to get either a systemax or a trickflow r intake for my car but I cant stand that elbow.
They all come factory, but you can swap to a Fox style throttle body with a few parts and 20 minutes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for that info Dave, can you list the mods and parts I may need. i really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
B0TTLE FED said:
Thank you so much for that info Dave, can you list the mods and parts I may need. i really appreciate it.
Taken from this thread: http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=427228&highlight=fox+throttle
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ill try to answer this the best I can from memory...

Items you will need
------------------------------------
1. Fox throttle body
2. Fox throttle cable and mounting bracket
3. Fox EGR spacer or depete plate
4. Fos TPS sensor and IAC valve
This one is important
5. Fox TPS connector from the wiring harness side, not the sensor

6. Fox vacuum line from the oil filler neck to the TB
7. Four bolts or studs that are long enough to pass thru the TB and EGR (length depends on if you are using an EGR spacer or a delete plate) and screw into the upper intake.

Instructions
--------------------------
1. Remove the SN95 filter, intake hose, stupid SN95 to Fox adapter elbow, throttle body and throttle cable.
2. Cut the SN95 TPS connector off from the wiring harness, not from the sensor. Make sure to leave enough wire on the harness to connect the Fox connector to it.
3. Splice or solder the Fox TPS connector to the SN95 harness.
4. Install the Fox throttle cable to the gas pedal and thru the firewall. Only 1 bolt hole will line up so you either have to drill and tap another hole, or just use 1 bolt.
5. Install the EGR delete plate (or EGR spacer), and throttle body.
6. Install throttle cable bracket to the 2 holes on the EGR delete or spacer.
7. Connect throttle cable to throttle cable bracket and hook the cable to the throttle body.
8. Connect TPS sensor and IAC valve to the wiring harness. Also connect Fox vacuum line from the oil filler neck to the top of the throttle body.
9. Install Fox intake hose (or CAI or whatever your going to use)
10. Make sure you have everything tight and start the car.
11. Check for vacuum leaks at throttle body or EGR.

You will want to make sure the TPS is set as close to 1.0 as possible (I set mine to .99)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats the best way I can remember how to do this swap. It took me about 30 minutes. Any other questions Ill answer as this thread goes on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts