Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
How deep is the groove for the Felpro Loc-Wire head gasket supposed to be machined to?

If my heads are machined for the groove now and have never been machined/shaved before could they be shaved enough to remove the groove and still be safe?
How much would it shave it down by? How much would this remove from the chamber volume?
Would this be OK considering I checked P/V clearence, etc.
I need to know how much material I can mill off of the heads before I run into problems. I'm looking to get rid of the Loc-Wire gaskets altogether and run a regular one.
BTW, the heads in question are Edelbrock Performer RPM's.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Guys,
How deep is the groove for the Felpro Loc-Wire head gasket supposed to be machined to?

If my heads are machined for the groove now and have never been machined/shaved before could they be shaved enough to remove the groove and still be safe?

Yup, no problem.

How much would it shave it down by? How much would this remove from the chamber volume?

.008 - I would think 3-4 CCs.

Would this be OK considering I checked P/V clearence, etc.

Depends what your clearance was prior to milling but I would think it would be OK.

I need to know how much material I can mill off of the heads before I run into problems. I'm looking to get rid of the Loc-Wire gaskets altogether and run a regular one.
BTW, the heads in question are Edelbrock Performer RPM's.

.008 will be no problem.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Doktor,

Just by chance do you know how much the heads could be milled before any problems would arise? Problems, meaning intake needing to be milled as well. Just curious.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I think if you go much over .010 then you need to start looking at intake/head alignment. I would take off the .008 and leave it at that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts