Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have owned a few foxes and now looking at a new gen coyote. Can someone point me in right direction with these 3 generations of the yote? Are there big changes in the 3rd gen that make it that much more desirable or would it be safe to say the 1st gen would be a good bet. Any weakpoints in the coyote that should be "bulletproofed etc"

Im looking to buy one thats got around 75k miles on it and throw a supercharger on w a few goodies. Looking to stay under 22-25k

Thx!

· Registered
3,887 Posts
the newer the generation the better they are but even the gen 3 are not bulletproof. Also the A10 transmission, may have to be addresed as there is a local guy, 2020 gt supercharged (procharger) and he goes through automatic transmissions often. They are good transmissions but when they break it's usually sudden and it's never good

gen 3s had plasma-arc cylinder liners, bigger valves, better flowing cyl heads, better harmonic dampener, better valve springs, but had a plastic oil pan

Been a minute since I've looked into the gen 1 vs gen 2 but there are changes along the way for all 3 gens

There are a couple variants of the gen 1 as well, so be aware of that.

Look around I think LMR outlines a lot of it-but I may be wrong.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts