Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I am interested in buying a 64-69, either coupe or covert. This will be a second car that my wife will use locally, so it will not be a garage queen.

I am looking for thoughts on which model would be the most user friendly.

A/T, PS, PB and A/C will be "musts."

I know it will be hard to find all those features. Which, if any, can be retrofitted?

Thanks

Sam

·
Registered
327 Posts
All the early Mustangs offered those options. You can easily retrofit them. There are many companies that cater to the early Mustang crowd. I happen to be biased towards the 65 myself. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I would go with a 68 or newer because of the steering column, the 68 was the first year of collapsible columns and they are a little bit safer John

·
Registered
4 Posts
For safety and selection based on your options, your best bet would be a 68 or 69. In late 1967 they passed a law making seat belts mandatory. In early 67 and before no safety equipment except a rear view mirror. Heck not many early first gen's even had emergency flashers. Convertables are hard to come by and are going for a pretty penny. Most of the fast backs are getting scooped up because of the Eleanor craze. That been said you can probably find yourself a good condition "little ol' lady coupe" with PS, PB AC and if you can find a GT, yes they did make GT coupes, you can get disc brakes too. Hope that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts