Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had speed density, and changed injectors, wouldnt you need a chip burned for the fuel tables to be right again?

ive always wondered about that, because a lot of people mod speed density cars, and ive never heard anything about that, and if the computer reads from a fuel table based on 19# injectors, how would it work right with bigger injectors?

·
Banned
6,256 Posts
opening a can of worms with speed density..

i've gone a long way with my 87 SD car. at one time when i was hardheaded that SD could be modded i installed small chamber 289 heads, E-cam, ported intake, 65mm TB, and 24lb injectors.

idle was crappy, part throttle was ok, driveability was tolerable..but not great, and WOT was unbelieveable!!!

if you do mod your SD car i strongly suggest u get a chip burned for it... i wish i had of.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brad said:
opening a can of worms with speed density..

i've gone a long way with my 87 SD car. at one time when i was hardheaded that SD could be modded i installed small chamber 289 heads, E-cam, ported intake, 65mm TB, and 24lb injectors.

idle was crappy, part throttle was ok, driveability was tolerable..but not great, and WOT was unbelieveable!!!

if you do mod your SD car i strongly suggest u get a chip burned for it... i wish i had of.
I just wondered about it, i have 3/4s of the parts for the mass-air swap right now, i dont feel like getting a chip burned everytime i do something minute all the time. :)

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
brad said:
what all do you like to convert over?
I dont understand what your asking.... what do you need to convert over you mean?:confused:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brad said:
oops sorry for being unclear... what parts do you need to convert to MA..
so far i have this...

all I need now is the sensor itself (ill have that very soon) and the mass air mounting bracket, which im making myself.

here are the instructions if you ever need them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts