Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this is probably stupid, but I'm pretty new at doing some of this stuff. But I want to learn!
So, what is the easiest way to relieve the fuel pressure when getting ready to change out the fuel pump? I've looked for the valve that my Chilton book mentions, but that is under the intake, correct? Not very easy. I don't have a vacuum pump, so I can't do it that way. Is there any way other than just unhooking the fuel lines at the fuel filter? (So I don't spray myself with gas!)

Any suggestions about this or the fuel pump swap are appreciated.
Matty

·
Registered
33 Posts
its not stupid! i'd much rather ask a question than get a face full of amoco ultimate! trip your inertia cut off switch and crank the car up and let it run out of gas. on my 93 lx, theres a plastic plug in the hatch area on the drivers side. take that off and slide a screwdriver in there and lightly smack it. you should be able to hear it trip and not hear the pump when you turn on the ignition.

·
Registered
535 Posts
The valve you are refering to should be right next to the oil fill cap. Looks like a bicycle tire valve.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I totally forgot about the cut off switch. That seems like the easiest. Now I just need the fuel pump to show up so I can do the swap!

Matty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts