Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to purchase 2 sfi balancers in the near future for my cars and I have one question about them in general. My current factory ford 28oz balancers have the timing marks etched on them from the factory. Problem is these balancers were on older engines that had the timing pointer on the left side of the engine instead of the right side. I have timing tape on both of them to correct them. My question is do these after market sfi 28oz balancers(power bond, romac, etc.) have the timing marks in the proper location on the balancer for use in an 85 model year with the timing pointer on the right side of the engine. Also I remember reading that one brand needs a spacer behind it for proper pully alighnment. Does anyone know which one doesn't need a spacer. I would like a direct replacement without having to use spacers. Any vendor recomendations? Thanks all.

·
Registered
7,463 Posts
Subscribing

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone. I searched the forums and e-mailed some vendors from here and haven't got an answer to my questions. Anyone out there using a 28oz aftermarket sfi balancer on FOX mustang?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts