Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to get a new motor and I am looking at getting a short block. My car will see only street duty and maybe a run or two down a the strip. It doesn't have to be amazingly strong because I won't run a poweradder. I have talked to Keith Craft and their 306 is 1695 where as I can get a Motorsport 302 shortblock for 1295 with free shipping. How is the quality on the FRPP short blocks? What would ya'll do?

Thanks

Brett

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the reason I was looking at a complete shortblock is that this car is my daily driver and I can't have a lot of down time when the motor is getting assembled. I plan on using edelbrock heads (ported most likely), edelbrock performer rpm intake, and a cam with good mid and high end power. I don't know of a cam that has good idle and this powerband, because frankly, I know very little about cams. Right now the crank in my car has a cross threaded balancer bolt, which is getting fixed next week. But I would still like a new motor in the future.

If I'm able I would like to get a 331, but I'm not sure about the funds right now. Thanks for the help guys.

Brett

How hard is it to assemble a shortblock anyhow???

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.