Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting some suspension work done in the coming months and was wondering if it is worth it to replace the factory quad shocks.

The car has 130K on the ticker now and those shocks are original along with the rear springs. I will be replacing the sway bar and the springs.

Any thoughts on the quad shocks?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Further plans

Do you plan on altering the rear end with LCA, Panhard bar, Torque arm?

If you plan on something like that in the near future, I would skip the Quad shock replacement as they won't be needed.

Hop

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now the rear end has these pieces...

• BBK Non-Adjustable LCA
  • UPR Adjustable UCA
  • Comp Engineering 90-10 Rear Shocks
  • TA Girdle
  • Truck Locker
  • 31 Spline Axles
  • 3:73 Gear
I've thought about the Pan Hard Bar before and was always told it was more for Auto-X and such. I'm more of a 1/4 mile person :)

The Quad Shocks and Rear Springs are the only "stock" suspension pieces on the whole car. :evil:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Based on your previous post, not needed. I had some wheel hop, but after I tightened the rear down and changed the diff, no more wheel hop.

·
Founder of corral.net
1,555 Posts
Lynn said:
Right now the rear end has these pieces...

• BBK Non-Adjustable LCA
  • UPR Adjustable UCA
  • Comp Engineering 90-10 Rear Shocks
  • TA Girdle
  • Truck Locker
  • 31 Spline Axles
  • 3:73 Gear
I've thought about the Pan Hard Bar before and was always told it was more for Auto-X and such. I'm more of a 1/4 mile person :)

The Quad Shocks and Rear Springs are the only "stock" suspension pieces on the whole car. :evil:
The panhard bar alone will not really give you much. In fact it will introduce extra bind into the rear end.

A panhard bar when used in conjunction with a torque arm WILL, however, significantly improve handling, straight line traction, and braking. So a TA/PH setup is not necessarily always for autocross/road race. Drag racers can benefit from them too.

A TA/PH setup will elminate the need for upper rear control arms, quad shocks, and that big weight on the end of the differential. It will ELIMINATE wheel hop and brake dive and will make the car handle and launch better with slicks or street tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts