1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,Are they the real deal???
For my setup are they worth the big $$$!!!??For my street
car,I have a STOCK K-member and 70/30's right now with
some 50/50 in the rear.I will be running DR'S with this setup.
I have seen people with Awsome results with them!!
I just can't see paying the price for them unless they are
really worth it!!?Thanks for the help everyone!!!!!:)

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW,Is there other brands that are just as good with adj.
settings??or stay with the QA1's,since the results are really
well?Thanks.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TTT Anyone??Yeah I guess you could about have a set of heads
for the price of these all the way around!!Its sucks.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
The most common are Tokico, QA1 and Strange among others and you can't go wrong with any of them. You don't give any projections as to the ET's you are expecting so I don't know if it would be worth it for ya but they prolly can't hurt. Need more info..

ks;)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
if you are going to stay with stock k-member and a-arms i would go with the Strange.................they QA1's are great but they are high dollar because they are the lightest you can buy.....if i had a after market k-member i would drop the cash to save all the lbs i could.....with all stock stuff you would not be able to tell

·
Registered
334 Posts
I just got my stange adjustable struts and shocks in the mail. I was also considering the HAL's. I concluded that the lighter weight of the Hal's was really the only benefit along with the fact that they are also already threaded for coilover (struts). I also think the Hal struts may have 2 more settings, I'm not sure.
I'm running UPR stuff out back and will be running stock configuration springs for now with stock V8's in the back and Moroso drag springs in the front. Later on I'll put tubular stuff up front and convert the struts to coilover.
Basically for the money I think the strange stuff is great. All said and done for struts and shocks it was probably less than half what the Hal's would cost. I was checking them out last night and they seem to have a very wide range of adjustability. The stiffest setting is really stiff and the softeset is really soft. They have one adjustment knob that either stiffens rebound AND compression or softens it. Not just rebound like some others. I can't wait to try them.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks you guys,Very much!!Good points,still is a lead slead
up front! I have been 1.82 60's with stock everything - the
70/30's on dr's!!!Maybe they would not be worth it right now
till I lighten up the front??I just thought maybe with ADJ.
all the way round,it would help better transfer?Thanks.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I had some problems with my Hal/Qa1 struts locking up as did several Renegade racers, I sent them back and they checked them out, rebuilt them and said nothing was wrong with them, but I felt that I could never trust them again. I now use Koni adj. drag struts. A couple of the Renegade guys went .3 to .5 tenths faster after swapping back to 90/10's at the track because they were locking up and not transfering weight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts