Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have an ideal gear for a 90lx coupe (auto). Im thinking of some 355's or 373's. I want some of the start get up and go! The guy I bought the car from has 327's I believe, gotta wait awhile to go anywhere, know what I mean?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Matter of fact, I have a buddy of mine who said he would sell me some 410,s for about 50 bucks. Little to high, I do about 198 mile road trip every other weekend, not to good. But thanks for the fast reply.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet! I think I will go with some 3:73's, you got a place where I can do some ordering. Probably buy them tomorrow, what kind of work am I looking at getting myself into? Or is that touchy of a job that I should have someone else do it?

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
If you've never rebuilt or replaced gears in a differential before, I highly recommend you have a reputable shop do the work for you. I've watched & helped my mechanic set-up gears many times. I still don't have the confidence to do the gears myself; letalone the tools nessissary to accomplish the job either. On a plus side, since many people on this forum have experienced vibration issues after gear installations, a good shop with an excellent reputation will warranty thier work for a considerable amount of time. You make a mistake; you have to spend more money. FYI, if you install the 373's or higher; invest in an aluminum driveshaft. As stated before on vibration issues; 373 or higher gears are when Mustangs have a wicked vibration issue & the aluminum driveshaft resolves it for probably 75% of the guy's. Good luck!

·
Banned
1,064 Posts
go 4:10's you'll be happy you did, trust me :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts