Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 ranger with a 2.3 and i have a turbo and manifold off of a svo mustang what will i run into trying to mate these two items together?

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not trying 2 make a drag truck i just want something unique i have a svo exhaust manifold and turbo already oil lines are an easy fix what do i do about tunning? u think i can get away with an FMU?

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
If you run 5#'s of boost, it'll go "bang". Turbo'd 2.3's are forged internals, N/A's are not. All EFI 2.3t's have very specific ECU's (manual/auto).
Not trying to burst your bubble, just trying to keep you from making a mess.
Do some research first. A lot of folks have already been down this path, so you can learn from their mistakes! lol!
You can PM me for links for your research, if I haven't already p###ed you off, lol!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Definitely get forged internals, it WILL explode. For tuning you can use an SCT handheld, since the 95 rangers are OBDII. Gotta do all the fun turbo stuff... new fuel pump, new injectors, MAF, intercooler, a bunch of welding for exhaust, getting a tune etc. Check out rangersrevenge dot com for anymore info on it.

·
Registered
14,118 Posts
SVO bottom end isnt diff besides the Pistons same crank and rods.
Right... Just buy a new set of pistons and rings.

I don't think the 8 plug heads were turbocharged though. You need to make sure the head volume was the same.

If you put the forged pistons and older head head on, you can pretty much go nuts with the boost.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts