Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1994 gt and I just bought a e303 cam. My question is can i put the cam in without pulling the motor.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes, you'll have to remove all the front accessories and the rad and a/c condenser. The cam will just barely come out, but it will.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I heard you don't need to disconnect the a/c condenser. You need to unbolt it and it will swivel at the connectors or swing a little. You need to take the radiator out for sure. I heard that the cam will clear but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
wazee said:
I heard you don't need to disconnect the a/c condenser. You need to unbolt it and it will swivel at the connectors or swing a little. You need to take the radiator out for sure. I heard that the cam will clear but I could be wrong.
That's correct. You just lift it up out of the way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help. I was told by some friends that i would have to pull the motor thats why i asked yall. One more question.
I just want to know what yall think my car will do with the stuff i just got for her. Now she runs a 14.8 with nothing but cold air intake, 65 mm throttle body, mac longtubes and hpipe, and 8.8 mm sparkplu wires. I just purchased a e303 cam, Edelbrock performer intake, Fuel pressure regulator, and 3.73 gears. Im looking to run high 13's so i can take out my **** talking uncles LS1 transam. I have a 94 gt convertible.

thanks for all the help i really appreciate it.

thanks corral

·
Registered
657 Posts
I just want to know what yall think my car will do with the stuff i just got for her.
Well, your stock heads are gonna be the cork in the system. You have the intake side and exhaust side covered with the parts you have and are planning on installing. You may not be happy with the results of the combo b/c of the heads.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the help. Me and a friend are gonna try to do everything this weekend. Ill let yall now how it went. thanks again

·
Registered
596 Posts
Every time I tried pulling it out of the way, one of the lines would put too much stress on the connection where the metal transistions to rubber and start to leak. If I were you, I would take it to an A/C repair shop and tell them you what you are doing. Have them suck it out and hold onto it until after you are done. Then you can vent the system to atmosphere and move that sucker out of the way while you are elbow deep in the engine bay. Otherwise it will be a pain to work around and you'll have to worry about dinging your paint while shifting it around. Just call around and see what kind of deal you can get. The expensive part about recharging my 134a system from scratch was the service charge. The freon was only ~$30.

Have fun and watch out for timing chain cover gasket pieces!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for the help i wasnt able to do it this weekend gonna do it all on memorial weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts