Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone must have eliminated a couple of these hoses in a drag car or in an engine swap. Can anyone enlighten me? Thx!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ed,

I looked at an FFR replica, but the web site said the 4.6DOHC would not fit without "major modifications". What did you have to do to get it to fit? I will look at the Ford Repair CD to see how coolant flow goes, but my gut feeling is you need all the hoses.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wasn't that bad fit-wise. I documented most of the major mods necessary here .

On the rad hoses, I'm sure some can be eliminated as I've seen some drag cars where some are blocked but I can never get a good look at all of them to see the complete setup.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ed,

That is awesome!! I have a 99 that I want to use as a donor, but I'm going to wait until FFR releases a 4.6 kit since I can't weld:rolleyes:

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Brian, so far I've managed to overcome everything with the build so hope my luck continues!

As for the rest of you - come on! Someone must have seen/done this?!?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Do you want to use the oil cooler? I am making a setup right now. Useing no oil cooler, electric pump, and for now the stock rad. The upper tube that connects the heads together has to be modified. The stock rad is also being replaced but not till I get alittle more money. This is a drag only car. Will have some pics in two weeks. Its easier than you think. PM me for some more details.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Great job, Ed. I need to stop and and take a look sometime. It has been a while.

Chris

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Chris. swing by sometime. Be sure to wear something you want to work in! :>

Modster, I want to keep the oil cooler. I suppose I'll end up keeping the stock stuff, but will have to figure out the pressurized overflow (?). Thx.

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Scott, that's a good site! See what I mean though about pictures of 4.6's? You can sort of see two hoses and an overflow/pressurized radiator cap, but you can't quite see everything! I'll email them.

Here's some more build pictures I took back in December. If any of you are interested, I have the ability to deliver 4.6 header flanges as I had to have some made (you can't find those things anywhere!). So, if you want to build a set of headers for your 4.6, now you know where you can get the flanges.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ed Hubbard said:
Thanks Scott, that's a good site! See what I mean though about pictures of 4.6's? You can sort of see two hoses and an overflow/pressurized radiator cap, but you can't quite see everything! I'll email them.

Here's some more build pictures I took back in December. If any of you are interested, I have the ability to deliver 4.6 header flanges as I had to have some made (you can't find those things anywhere!). So, if you want to build a set of headers for your 4.6, now you know where you can get the flanges.
Ed, that car is awsome. I've always wanted and dream of building one of those kit Cobra's. What kit is it? Has it been hard to put together? Looks like your doing some nice fab work there. I am swapping a 4V in my 2000 GT I can look in my CD manual and see where to hook them up. To bad I just bought some headers, there is a header/exhaust shop here in the Seattle area who makes really nice headers. Stans Header's in Auburn WA. I've been trying to talk him into building some headers for 4.6 Stangs. Nice car though that thing should be allot of fun.
Scott

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Scott,

It's a Factory Five Racing (hence FFR) replica. So far it hasn't been too bad, but it does take a *long* time if you deviate from the typical build like I've done. I think I'll be able to start it by the end of the month. Keep your fingers crossed :D !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts