Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any one tell me , when measuring for pushrod lengths if you need to use a solid lifter.If you do will any sbf solid lifter do or do you have to use a solid roller lifter?

·
Registered
61 Posts
what kind of cam solid or hyd roller

if you are running a hyd. take the lifter apart at the top try to find something or cut something solid to put back in where the spring was as tight as possibe that is what i did:joy: :joy: :joy:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
If you have the heads off, go to somewhere like Ace Hardware and pick up a couple of low tension 3" long 3/4" dia springs and use those to replace the valve springs. These check springs will allow you to use the hydraulic lifter, if this is a new engine, soak the lifter for a few hours, or if it's a running engine already, prime the oil pump. The check springs will open the valve before collapsing the hydraulic lifter. Then use a Sharpie marker on the valve stem tip and check your rocker contact pattern.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THIS IS A NEW ENGINE AND THE HEADS ARE BOLTED ON,BUT IF I HAVE TO I GUESS I COULD TAKE THEM OFF REALLY DIDN"T WANT TO.THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts