Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I measured using the length checker. I did a 1/2 turn on the rocker nut and I got the measurement 6.417.

Now im confused...Should I go with 6.400 pushrods or 6.375 to compensate for the lifter preload, or doing the 1/2 turn already preloaded the lifters and I should just order the 6.400's ?

Setup is hyd roller cam, hyd roller lifters and 1.7 cobra rockers.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Are you using the solid lifted method if so do not do the half a turn just zero lash then add. 05 to w.e length u get for preload

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was using a regular ford hyd roller lifter, dry. The mark on the top of the valve stem was perfectly centered when the tool was at 6.417

·
Registered
942 Posts
I was using a regular ford hyd roller lifter, dry. The mark on the top of the valve stem was perfectly centered when the tool was at 6.417
don't go by centering, just because it is centered doesn't mean the geometry will be dead on, go by width of the witness mark/ travel path, back it down .050 then compare width to your centered width witness mark then raise it .050 and once again compare, as long as your with in the center 1/3 of the stem go with the smallest witness mark and that is your length needed....fyi reason I use .050 as a standard increment is most push rods are made in these incremental sizes from one size to the next, unless you get into custom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts